Embrace the possibilities
Biomedical research in Glasgow
The University’s biomedical research is consolidated in multidisciplinary research institues and centres These state-of-the-art facilties are located within or close to hospitals to maximise knowledge-exchange and research translation into clinical practice, and have also strong links with researchers in other colleges and schools.
The TRACC Programme Fellows will be offered laboratory and office space in a research institute/centre that best fits their project. They are encouraged to explore local research environment to enhance learning process, look for inspiration and initiate scientific discussions and interactions.
- College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences
- Cancer Research UK Beatson Institute
- Cancer Research UK Glasgow Centre
- Institute of Biodiversity, Animal Health & Comparative Medicine
- Institute of Cancer Sciences
- Institute of Cardiovascular & Medical Sciences
- Institute of Health & Wellbeing
- Institute of Infection, Immunity & Inflammation
- Institute of Molecular, Cell and Systems Biology
- Institute of Neuroscience & Psychology
- Imaging Centre of Excellence (ICE)
- Glasgow Molecular Pathology Node
- The Boyd Orr Centre for Population and Ecosystem Health
- MRC Centre for Virus Research
- Clinical Academic Training
- Intercalated Clinical Medicine Degrees
Cancer Research UK’s funding policies
Details of CRUK’s policy on parental leave entitlements for clinical and non-clincial students can be found here.