We offer assistance, on a collaborative basis, to Centre researchers in designing and undertaking preclinical trials.
So that we can understand the goals of your project, its current status and the background information available, please complete a Project outline form (preclinical), which you can obtain from Liz Musgrove. Please contact Owen Sansom or Jen Morton for assistance in completing this form or in designing your project. Once the form is complete, please submit it here.
Biomarker discovery and validation:
Concurrent development of biomarkers is encouraged - please contact Fiona Thompson (Fiona.Thomson@glasgow.ac.uk) for advice on this.
General information and Project Outline form:
Dr Liz Musgrove, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project review process
Completed Project Outlines will be reviewed and ranked by an expert Project Review Panel. Following its recommendations, final project approval will be sought from the Centre Management Board, which meets quarterly. Investigators will be notified of the outcome of their application soon after the Management Board meeting.
Project Review Panel:
Dr Seth Coffelt
Dr Heather Mckinnon
Dr Jen Morton
Dr Liz Musgrove
Prof Owen Sansom
Dr Fiona Thomson
The next call for Project Outlines will be later in the year.
Project Outlines are considered by the panel and then at a Centre Management Board Meeting.
Completed and current projects
- Preclinical study of AZD6738 in combination with gemcitabine in pancreatic cancer - Jeff Evans, Beatson Institute
- Evaluating the therapeutic potential of combined inhibition of ATR and PARP in orthotopic glioblastoma (GBM) xenografts - Anthony Chalmers, University of Glasgow
- Anti-cancer effect of a serine deficient diet - Karen Vousden & Oliver Maddocks, Beatson Institute
- Efficacy and PD biomarker validation study with the ROCK inhibitor AT13148 in pancreatic cancer - Mike Olson, Beatson Institute
- Pre-clinical investigation of combined MDM2 and BET inhibition to eradicate Acute Myeloid Leukemia, AML - Peter Adams, University of Glasgow
- Efficacy and pharmacodynamic effects of MRCK inhibitor in the DMBA/TPA chemically induced skin cancer model - Mike Olson, Beatson Institute
- Targeting the ERBB network in PDAC - Daniel Murphy, University of Glasgow
- Pilot study of [18F]-FZ236 PET imaging in a subcutaneous U87 glioma model - Sally Pimlott, University of Glasgow